Weekly Update 09/26/26 – 10/02/26 (New Office Floor, Starship Flight 14, Passive Income)
This week's Weekly Update covers progress on my new office floor and woodwork, watching Starship Flight 14, dealing with a leaking washing machine, and discovering just how much passive income I am getting each month.
This week has mostly been devoted to installing the new floor. I want to be able to say it's done, but there's still a little left to do, and there are a few seams that need tightening. I will work on that this weekend. Wish me luck.
I have also been working on getting my molding ready to be varnished. At this point, that mainly involves using sanding sponges to get the paint residue off while leaving the shape of the wood intact.
I also enjoyed following the 14th launch of Starship, even though it had to come back early. I was surprised when I heard that Starship stands about as tall as a 40-story building. I had never really had a good reference for just how big it was until I heard that and thought about my company's office in Irvine. The building we are in certainly isn't like the World Trade Center was, but at 15 stories it is still impressive. To think that Starship dwarfs it and is almost three times as tall really puts its size into perspective.
The idea that something that large can fly is incredible. And I don't know why, but I also find it fascinating that they can put it on a crawler and drive it down a road.
It was a hell of a flight, and I look forward to more of them.
It's really starting to look like I'm going to have to get a new washing machine, which really pisses me off since the one I have is not even 10 years old. I have water coming up from under it. I had a guy out to fix it, and he put in $400 worth of parts and repairs, but there's still a little water. I'm hoping it's just what was left and will dry up. If not, I'm going to have to get a new one.
It's the start of a new month, and I'm always surprised when I check my checking account and find that I have an extra $50. I have a checking account with iQ Credit Union, and they are giving me 5% APY on balances up to $25,000 as long as I use my debit or credit card 12 times a month (so I use it to pay bills automatically), have a direct deposit of at least $100 a month, receive eStatements, and access my online account once a month. That's not bad.
I have also set up other streams of passive income.
My main Visa card is from Fidelity, and they pay me 2% on all transactions, so I'm getting about $65 a month straight into my Roth IRA.
I have a different card for purchases at Walmart where I get 5% back, so that's another $60 a month.
Finally, for Amazon I have another card with 5% cash back, so that's another $50 a month.
So, total passive income: $225 a month from spending money I would have spent anyway. I'm also thrilled that Astra just told me that $175 of that money isn't considered taxable income.
Well, I'm going to get back to work on the office, and I hope you all have a great week.
Next Weekly Update
Coming next week
Previous Weekly Update
Weekly Update 09/19/26 – 09/25/26

Comments
Post a Comment